Garbage & Recycling
Bates Trucking is the Town contractor for garbage and bulk pick-up days are Wednesday. You must call 301-773-2069 to confirm pickup by noon on Tuesdays. For more information visit the Bates Trucking website.
Public Works Violations
The most common violations are abandoned/inoperable vehicles, overgrowth, trash and debris, and open storage. The Town can clean and clear vacant lots after the required legal notification is made to the owner. The Town will assess the actual cost/expense plus an administrative fee against the property imposing a special assessment lien.
Town staff can attend neighborhood association meetings to review and explain code requirements. If you would like staff to attend one of your meetings, please contact Code Enforcement at 301-420-3000.
Public Works Permits & Licenses
- Building, roofing, plumbing, mechanical, gas, and electrical repairs/alterations require a permit. Contact the Town at 301-336-0626 for more information.
- Any business located within the Town limits is required to obtain a Town license. Contact the Town Hall at 301-336-0626 for more information.
- All Rental properties must be licensed. Town Ordinance 2012-003 regulates rental properties, for details view the document, Ordinance 2012-003 Rental Licenses (PDF). Owners must obtain and Town and County license.
Various Issues & Problems
- Potholes and other problems on County streets:
- Call Prince George’s Department of Public Works and Transportation at 301-499-8500
- Water main breaks, potholes from water main break repairs, water problems:
- Call WSSC (water main breaks, repairs, etc.) at 301-206-4002
- Problems with gas service or possible gas leaks (call 911 for gas emergencies):
- Call Washington Gas (all calls) at 703-750-1000
- Power outages, power lines down, problems with trees near power lines:
- Call PEPCO (lines down, etc.) at 202-872-3432
- Call PEPCO (power outages) at 877-737-2662
Community Contacts & Resources
- Comcast: 301-731-4260
- Verizon Telephone (repair): 800-275-2355
- Illegal Dumping, Call the Community Services Division (of the Prince George's County Police Department): 301-772-4770